IT TAKES 20 TO TANGO, AND RIGHT NOW WE HAVE 19.
ACCOUNT PLANNER WANTED
Listen, here’s the deal. We could start this career ad off with something like, “Do you love organizing your sock drawer, colour-coding Tupperware® lids, and sleeping with your day planner under your pillow? Then you may just be our next… blah blah blah”. It’s all cute and clever and you’re like, “Oh that place sounds fun, maybe I should apply,” but then you realize you have no idea what your ACTUAL job would be. So, how about we skip the fluff and get right to the good stuff.
As our new Account Planner (AP), you will be responsible for providing stellar service to your dedicated portfolio of clients in order to successfully realize all of their marketing and advertising goals. Such client services would include:
- Building and maintaining partnerships based on a foundation of mutual respect, trust, and kindness
- Leading project discovery sessions with clients, during which you will gather key insights and clearly defined objectives
- Preparing and presenting detailed project estimates
- Together with your agency team, help build, present, and execute smart and strategic marketing and communications plans designed to deliver on client objectives
- Lead all client-facing meetings and presentations
- Keeping a pulse on project timelines and budgets, ensuring all campaigns move ahead on schedule and within budget
- Along with your project team, assemble and present post-campaign reports
- Maintaining open and ongoing communication between the agency and our clients
As our new AP, you will also be responsible to perform the following tasks for your agency team:
- Debrief team on all new projects, including client objectives, budgets, and timelines
- Field team questions regarding client objectives, creative requirements, budgets or timelines and, if required, gather additional information or clarification from clients when needed
- Maintain ongoing communication with internal departments in order to ensure all projects are strategically aligned, proceeding according to schedule, and staying within budget
As our ideal AP, you would have:
- Experience in advertising and/or marketing (3+ years)
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in Project Management, Marketing, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communications skills and a passion for people
- Superior project management skills
- Superb organizational habits
- Superhuman attention to detail
- Confidence without ego
As our new AP, you will enjoy the following job perks:
- A flexible working environment, with room to grow in your career
- A competitive salary
- A robust benefits package
- Ample opportunity for professional development
- Every second Friday off, with pay!
- Free parking and coffee
- A kick-butt culture with super-wicked-awesome co-workers
If reading this sped up your pulse, please reach out (sooner rather than later). Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.