Media & Production Coordinator
THE MEDIA & PRODUCTION COORDINATOR is responsible for research, planning and placement of all clients’ media. Media plans could include anything from traditional mediums, online, digital, experiential, and non-traditional executions. The media coordinator assists in establishing appropriate media and budgets for clients, and establishes good relationships with all media reps. The media coordinator attends to all administrative functions and paperwork required to carry out assigned media functions.
THE MEDIA & PRODUCTION COORDINATOR is also responsible for sourcing, scheduling, and managing the production of all agency creative and production work on behalf of clients and for internal agency projects as well. This is accomplished through collaboration with agency team members and a variety of outside vendors and suppliers.
- Prepares production estimates based on briefings from account executives and account coordinators, and meetings with production artists.
- Ideally, obtains three competitive quotes on every outside buy from a range of quality vendors.
- Issues purchase orders for all outside buys for client projects.
- Supervises work performed by suppliers
- Follows up with suppliers to be sure they will meet promised delivery dates.
- Reviews invoices and settles billing discrepancies with suppliers; obtains approvals from account planners.
- Maintains cordial contact with all suppliers.
- Maintains current software/computer skills related to daily job functions.
- Working with the creative team, ensures use of the most appropriate, effective media venues for each client/project.
- Prepares media plans based on briefings from account planners.
- Prepares media cost estimates and revises as required when publication rates change.
- Books media space and issues insertion orders, insertion cancellations and media change requests.
- Establishes deadlines for materials needed and reports deadlines to the creative, production and account services departments.
- Makes timely placement of all media according to schedules.
- Reports on campaign performance and analytics.
- Reviews tear sheets to determine if publications have run correct size, position, colour, etc.
- Maintains contact with media advertising representatives.
- Assists the public relations department in producing special features, etc.
- Alerts account planners of special media offers/placement opportunities, etc.
- Maintains current software program skills related to the performance of daily job functions.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary diploma, certificate or degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline
- Creativity and imagination
- Experience in advertising, marketing or related field
- The ability to be proactive, innovative, and highly organized
- The ability to be flexible and work well with a variety of personalities
- An ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to tackle challenges with creativity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
As Bravo Tango’s newest team member, you will enjoy
- A flexible working environment
- Competitive salary (based on relevant experience)
- Awesome co-workers
- Health/Dental benefits
Term: One year
While this is a one year term position, there is significant opportunity to extend the position into a full time career within the agency.
If this sounds like your kind of gig, send your resume, along with references (held in the strictest confidence), to firstname.lastname@example.org.